Welcome to the Founders Brewing Co. Barry-Roubaix
The largest gravel road race in the WORLD!
Race Day: POSTPONED to Oct. 10, 2020 (statement)
Greenware, Fox Subaru, Grand Rapids Bicycle Co. and Salsa Cycles
Thanks for joining us for the 12th anniversary of The Founders Barry-Roubaix Killer Gravel Road Race. Like the classic it’s named after, Barry-Roubaix will test riders against (80%) rolling gravel roads, pavement, one mile of rough two track, rocks, sand, mud, and possibly snow and ice as you traverse the scenic roads of BarryCounty.
We offer four race lengths to challenge riders of all abilities.
The 18*-mile “Chiller” has approx. 1200 feet of elevation. * changed from 22 miles in 2019
The 36-mile “Thriller” climbs approx. 2200 feet and offers the famous Sager Road two track
The 62-mile “Killer” you can expect approx. 3800 feet of elevation.
The 100-mile “Psycho-Killer” which has approx. 7000 feet of elevation. ( 2019 SOLD OUT IN 3 DAYS )
There is a racer cap of 3850 entries. Registration opens December 1st, 2019 at 9 am EST and closes March 25, 2020 at 5 PM Est or sooner if the cap is met.
Date: Saturday, April 18, 2020
Venue: Start / Finish/ Awards & After-Party takes
place in downtown Hastings, Michigan 49058
Awards: Over $34,000 in cash and prizes( see our website for awards category details )
Field: **The race will be capped at 3,850 racers**
Details: Go to www.barry-roubaix.com for all the details of the event
RACE CATEGORY SELECTION:
** Your race age / race category = your age on December 31, 2020 **
March 25 at 5 PM, Eastern Time: Final Race Registration closes, It’s the Deadline to
edit your own registration, change race category & transfer entry to someone else.
Packet Pick -up Options:
4/14/20 from 4 pm – 8-pm at Founders Brewing Co. Taproom in Grand Rapids, MI.
4/17/20 from 4 pm – 8 pm at Ace Hardware (basement) in Hastings, MI
4/18/20 from 5:30 AM – 9:30 Am at Ace Hardware (basement) in Hastings, MI
> 100- mile “The Psycho-Killer” by Panaracer
The 100 mile “Psycho Killer” race is for expert/elite/pro level athletes who
love a long, hard challenge. In addition to doing most of the 62-mile
route, the 100 mile will take you on seasonal roads, two-tracks and
other psycho sections that will test your fitness and your sanity.
There’s approximately 7000 ft of climbing.
The course will NOT be marked. Maps, cue sheets and GPS files will be
**This field is limited to the first 350 racers**
This field wave starts at 7 AM
For rider safety there is a cut off time to reach the three aid station
checkpoints ( 10 mph average)
Before you sign up, review all the details of the 100 – mile race. here
> 62- mile “The Killer” by SRAM
The 62 mile “Killer” race is for expert/elite/pro level athletes.
Last year it took the pros over 3 hours at 20+ mph avg.! There’s
approximately 3800 ft of climbing.
This field wave starts at 10 AM
*For rider safety and course control, there is a time cut off
for the 62 – mile race: Racers must reach the second aid station
at mile 44 by 1:30pm (12.3 mph avg.)
>36-mile “The Thriller” by: Smith Optics
The 36 mile “Thriller” race is for the sport to expert riders
with approximately 2200 feet of climbing in this race route.This course also includes the
infamous Sager Road, a one mile two track with some possible sand, pudles and ruts. There is
one aid station on this route at approximately 22 miles in.
>18- mile “The Chiller” by: Lauf
The 18 mile “Chiller” race is for the beginner and sport rider.
There’s approximately 1200 feet of climbing in this race.There is one aid station on the route at
approx 13 miles in.
> Racing for Fun:
Some racers are out to enjoy the ride and experience the event at theirown pace.
For those of you who fit this ride, we have created 18 and 36 mile “Racing for fun”
Both of these categories will start as the last waves of the race. You can go at your own pace
without the pressure of feeling you need to move out of anyone’s way. It also includes all ages
so you can sign up, start and ride with any of your firends or family members. You will still be
timed and show up in the results,however this category isn’t included in the awards.
The Team Competition; by Security Credit Union:
- All Racers register and compete as an individual in a race category first.
- A “Captain” may also register a team(s) to compete and be scored in the team competition category.
- A minimum of 5 racers for a competing team, there is no team member maximum. ( must have 5 finishers to qualify for a competing score)
- You may register seperate teams in each race distance (example: have a Founders Racing 18 mile team, and a Founders racing 36 mile team and …..62 mile team)
- You register and pay the $35 category fee for each registering team and race length
- Please add the race length when registering your team name, (ex. “Founders Racing 36 mile or 62-mile “
- All individually registered racers that have your team name in their registration profile will automatically be added to your team competition roster.
- The deadline to register a team for the team competition or to register as an individual and be added to a competing teams roster is 3/25 at 5 PM EST
- A confirmation email with final team rosters will be sent out to team captains by April 1
***Team Competition Results Scoring***
Team competition times will be calculated by adding up the total time of the top 5
individual finishers from your roster to create a “total team time”.
The team with the lowest total team time wins and a
team competition trophy will be awarded to the winning team.
YOUTH 18 MILE TEAM COMPETITION
Let’s continue to encourage the next generation to race and see what we love about cycling and gravel. Race registration for all youth 18 and under is only $25 and will remain open for registration even if the event sells out.
The 1st place boy and girl in the 18 mile youth race categories will be crowned the “Youth National Gravel Champion” and receive a custom champions jersey and will be recognized during the awards by Michigan Youth Cycling.
Additionally, we are excited to announce a new YOUTH TEAM COMPETITION for the 18 mile race!
HOW IT WORKS:
All youth will still register for the event and compete as an individual first.
One person from the team will need to sign up your team to compete in the team competition by selecting the “Youth 18 and under 18 mile team competition” race category located at the bottom of the Bikereg category registration page.
There is $0 charge to register your team competition team.
Your team competition name should be exactly the same as your official team name and what individual youth racers will have in their registration profile as their “team/Sponsor/Club”
We will build team rosters looking at individual youth registrations and matching their “team / sponsor” with your competing team competition name.
We’ll send out a team competition roster in early April to confirm we have everyone accounted for.
Our plan is to have all the youth boys and girls competing in the 18 mile team competition start in the same start wave.
YOUTH TEAM COMPETITION SCORING
Team competition times will be calculated by adding up the total time of the top 5 individual finishers from your roster to create a “total team time”.
The team with the lowest total team time wins and a team competition trophy will be awarded to the winning team.
You must have a minimum of 5 racers in the same distance that finish the raceto have a team competition score. There is no max for team competition racers on a team, however only the top 5 times from your roster will create your final team time scoring.
individuals but now they will also compete with their team with the fastest team winning $1,000 for their organization.
Please make sure your BikeReg account profile is up to date. Please do not
register as a guest so you can adjust your registration as needed.
NO Race lisence required
NO day of registration
Selecting a race registration category:
** Your race age / race category = your age on
December 31, 2020 **
Did your plans change and you’ll no longer be able to attend the race?? No worry, you have some options to pass on your entry to another cyclist.
1. If the race is sold out, You can sell your entry to someone on the transfer waitlist. You go into your race registration and select the “WITHDRAW ENTRY” button. If there’s someone in your race categories waitlist available to take your entry, you’ll be refunded and that person will move into the race. If there isn’t anyone on your categories waitlist, you won’t see the “WITHDRAW ENTRY” button and will need to sell through the transfer process.
2. You can sell / manual transfer your entry to someone. The original registered racer finds a person to sell their registration to and works out the selling price, payment arrangement and needs the buyers email address. The original registered racer then goes into their bikereg race confirmation or account and selects “TRANSFER REGISTRATION”. Enter the email of the person buying your registration. The person transferring in gets the email, accepts the transfer, goes to bikereg and selects the category they will be racing in. They will check out and pay the $10 transfer fee.
Deadline for Race entry transfers and category changes closes
March 25, 2020 at 5 PM EST
Deadline for pre-ordering T-SHIRTS & MERCH 3/18/20
Register early and save! Registration prices:
Date Time 22,36,62/100
Decmber 1st, 9am $60 /$75
January 1st, 8am $65 / $80
February 1st, 8am $75/ $85
March 1st, 8am $80 /$90
Youth 18 and under only $25
No refund or deffering to the following year will be allowed.
Transfers are offered on Bikereg until March 25, 202019 at 5 PM
and will cost $10. The exchange of the original entry and price
is the responsibility of the two parties involved.
**The event organizers reserve the right to delay, reschedule or cancel the
race due to, but not limited to include; weather, emergencies and any
unforeseen situations that may put at risk the safety of the racers,
spectators, volunteers and general public. No refunds will be provided,
however the race organizers may offer registrants a partial refund or
credit to a future race.
VISIT www.barry-roubaix.com for all the race details and rules
Center street and Church Street
Hastings, MI 49058