The Bicycle Friendly Driver program is a 1 1/2 hour interactive class, aimed at educating drivers on the best and safest ways to share the road with people on bicycles.
- Why sharing the road is the safest alternative for both motorists and bicyclists
- What’s legal and not legal, for both motorists and bicyclists
- Common crashes and how to avoid them
- Why bicyclists “take the lane” and what motorists should do in response
- How to navigate bicycle related infrastructure such as: sharrows, bike boxes, and green lanes.
Register for classes through the League of Michigan Bicyclists or by emailing Erin@LMB.org.
These sessions are currently being held in a virtual setting to keep everyone safe and healthy.
June 8th at 12:00pm – Register »
July 21 at 8:30am – Register »
August 17 at 5:00pm – Register »
September 10th at 12:00pm – Register »
Upon successful completion of the class, participants will receive a Bicycle Friendly Driver certificate and sticker which can be displayed on their vehicle.
You can request a Bicycle Friendly Driver Class at your business or organization by email at Erin@lmb.org or by calling LMB at 517-334-9100.