Come and experience rural Jackson County countryside by bike. The five routes will be well marked and SAG supported. Our low traffic routes are paved, rolling, and shaded. Riders opting for the 16 – 68 mile routes will have the option of selecting a recently opened segment of the Mike Levine Lakelands Trail. A delicious lunch will be provided between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. by Sandhill Crane Vineyards (lunch for non-riders will be available for purchase). For the day of ride, the Vineyards will offer registrants a special price on a wine tasting package as well as a selection of craft beers brewed special for the event. As usual, the Vineyards’ fine selection of wines will be available for purchase. Nutritious snacks, fruit and drinks will be available to all riders at registration and rest stops. All riders will receive a detailed route map and routes will also be clearly marked on the pavement.
Pre-registration is available through active.com. Day of ride registration is from 7:30 to 11 a.m. at Sandhill Crane Vineyards. Parking will be at East Jackson Elementary School (4340 Walz Road) just South of Sandhill Crane Vineyards (4724 Walz Road). Riders are requested to not park at Sandhill Crane Vineyards the day of the ride.
All of us at Cascades Cycling Club are extremely concerned about COVID-19 as I am certain you are. We are all wondering how long it will be until it is safe to once again assemble in groups without fear of contracting the coronavirus. At the same time we know how many cyclists have joined us each year to enjoy the beauty of cycling in Jackson County and the ambience of Sandhill Crane Vineyards. To provide you with some certainty in these uncertain times, and encourage you to register for our very popular ride, we pledge the following:
- We will hold our registration costs to last year’s prices until June 1, which are $25 per individual rider and $55 for families. These are the same prices we have charged for the last 7 years and are among the lowest in the state for a fully supported ride.
- After June 1 registration costs will increase to $30 for individuals and $65 for families. After July 26 and day of ride registration cost will be $40 for individuals and $80 for families.
- We will continue to monitor this situation and send you regular updates. Our next update will be emailed to you on or before April 30.
- We will only go forward with the Pedal & Whine Bike Tour if it is deemed safe to do so by public health authorities and the League of Michigan Bicyclists.
- If we decide the best and safest course of action is to cancel the ride, your registration costs will be refunded along with the fees you paid to Active.
Please make every effort to remain healthy. Assume that anyone outside of your household you come into contact with has the virus. Practice social distancing. Wash your hands frequently. Ride solo now so you can ride in groups at a later date.
It is my sincere hope that we will all be able to get together on August 1 and enjoy riding the Pedal & Whine Bike Tour.
Cascades Cycling Club
4724 Walz Road
Jackson, MI 49201