LMB is the voice for bicycling in Michigan, working on behalf of all bicyclists to make Michigan bicycling safe, comfortable, and convenient. LMB staff regularly represent the interests of Michigan bicyclists at the state level, advocating for bicycle-friendly policies at the State Capitol.
LMB advocates for:
- Safer roadways
- Improved infrastructure such as protected bike lanes
- Acceptance of bicyclists as legitimate road users
- Education of bicyclists, motorists, and law enforcement
- Representation of cycling issues at all levels of government
- Policies that are properly enforced, which advance bicycling and protect the rights of cyclists
In addition, we hold the annual Lucinda Means Bicycle Advocacy Day at the State Capitol to communicate our legislative priorities with lawmakers. LMB also holds statewide bicycle conferences to help provide education and tools to improve cycling conditions at the local level.
To learn more about our current legislative initiatives as well as past victories—and even help us take action—visit our Current Issues page.