The League of Michigan Bicyclists (LMB) has been awarded funding for FY 2021 from the Office of Highway Safety Planning (OHSP) to carry out bicycle safety education for local communities around the state of Michigan. We’re seeking instructors, so please share the info below with anyone in your community who may be interested!
LMB is looking for a couple of subcontractors to assist with our bicycle safety trainings. These individuals MUST have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in bicycle riding and understand the laws related to bicycling in Michigan. The subcontractor will present the information on Michigan laws related to motorist, bicycle, as well as recommend approaches on how to share the roadway safely together. The training runs approximately 1.5 hour. The subcontractor is expected to lead the entire training. Topics included in the training are:
- Michigan Laws Related to Bicyclists and Motorists
- Best Practices for Sharing the Road safely
- How Drivers Drive Safely Around Cyclists
- How Cyclists Ride Safely and When They Take the Lane
The subcontractor will work with local bicycle advocacy groups for promotion and recruit participants and site logistics when in person. The training is open to the public. The subcontractor will have the following qualifications:
- Valid driver license
- Thorough understanding of the Michigan Laws related to motorists and bicyclists.
- A passion for educating communities to share the roadway safely together as cyclists and motorists.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Knowledge and ability to use the Adobe Connect web-based training platform.
- Ability to travel to various sections of the state for training.
Eligible to receive federal funds. Additional requirements:
- Work will not begin, and expenses cannot be incurred until a fully executed contract is in place between the LMB and the subcontractor.
- Receipts and invoices shall be submitted to the LMB at the end of each federal fiscal quarter (March 31, June 30, and September 30).
- Read, understand, and comply with the FY21 OHSP Grant Management Requirements (GMRs).
- Acknowledge and agree to all National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Certifications and Assurances.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses (according to state travel rates) and a $100 stipend for instructor time for each training will be compensated.
If you are interested in bidding for this project, please fill out the application form and send a short email with your qualifications to Erin Sloan-Turner, Education Director, League of Michigan Bicyclists, at Erin@LMB.org by May 14, 2021.
Categorised in: Uncategorized