- Bicycle Rodeos - How to run an event.
- Organizing a Bicycle Rodeo
- Flow Chart for Bicycle Rodeos
- Bike Inspection Station
- Bike Fit Station
- Helmet Fit Station
- Turn Signal Station
- Rules of the Road Station
- The Course (General Procedures)
- Start & Stop-Scanning-Rock Dodge Station
- Demon Driveway-Crazy Crossroads Station
- Figure 8 Station
- Slow Race Station
- Download Templates
- All Pages
Page 13 of 14
SLOW RACE (always the last event)
The objective is to teach balance and control of the bicycle, plus a little fun.
- Riders must stay in lane, can not put foot down, last one to finish line is the winner.
- Give them 2 or 3 practice runs.
- The course should be laid out on a slight downhill if possible.
- If time allows and you are comfortable with the concept, children can compete in a tournament to see who is the "slowest" of them all.
- Children should be placed in age groups to compete against children of their age range.
- Age group winners, plus one of "Rodeo Staff" compete for World Championship of being slow.
- Children with training wheels must compete against each other. Rules are the same except they must keep their bikes moving at all times.
Cones to mark lanes