LMB Photo Submission Guidelines:
Now is your chance for fame and glory as a photographer! More than 50,000 people throughout Michigan and the U.S. may see your Michigan bicycling photos! We are always seeking high quality photos of bicycling in Michigan to help in our efforts of promoting bicycling and the rights of bicyclists on the roadways.
We are not able to pay for photographs but will be delighted to give you photo credit and some complimentary copies of the publication in which your photos appear. When sharing your photos with us you agree that we may use them without any restriction whatsoever to promote biking in Michigan.
- We welcome photos year round but the deadline for the annual Ride Calendar is October 31st.
- All photos MUST be in digital format, preferably JPEG saved at the highest quality. If you atill use film, please scan your images, as we cannot convert negatives.
- Send photos by email or CD-ROM (please clearly write the photographer's name, email and the name of the event directly on the CD-ROM and in the email) You many also now submit photos via our Flickr Ride Calendar Submission Group.
- Be kind to the LMB staff and volunteers...please pre edit your images to pick out your best photos (10 or less is ideal, but if you have more than 10 amazingly great cycling photos feel free to send more.)
- We love big files! Digital photos should be AT LEAST 300dpi resolution and 3 x 4 inches in dimension (or the equivalent, i.e. 72dpi at approximately 12 x 16 inches or 150 dpi at 6 x 8 inches) If this is complete gibberish to you, have no worries! We can accept lower resolution images but may not be able to use them for all print purposes. If you don't know how to check your resolution just send them anyways.
- Include your last name in the photo file name (if possible), i.e. Jamison001.jpeg or Jamisontandemriders.jpeg
- Ride and people photos must have a bicycling in Michigan theme so no shots of a Florida ride! We can accept "general bike themed" photos not from Michigan that are not place specific (i.e. close up artful photos of bikes).
- Any cyclists shown actually riding must be wearing a fastened helmet.
Don't forget to let your creativity shine - we are looking for "artsy" and "unusual" bicycle themed photos in addition to "traditional" ride images. Thanks in advance and we look forward to immortalizing your wonderful photos showing off the diversity, challenges, humor and excitement of bicycling in Michigan!
E-mail photos to:
You many also now submit photos via our Flickr Ride Calendar Submission Group.
Mail photos to:
League of Michigan Bicyclists
416 S Cedar St., Suite A
Lansing, MI 48912