LMB is thrilled to announce the recipients of our first ever Micro-Grant Program!
We were excited and overwhelmed with the number of worthy projects that were submitted. The funds requested of the Micro-Grant Program totaled over three times the funds available! All proposals submitted were worthy projects. We applaud all the applicants for their efforts to promote bicycle safety, access, awareness, and education.
The projects that will receive funds through the 2017 Micro-Grant Grant Program are:
- Youth Ride Club - Back Alley Bikes, Detroit
- Mechanical Apprenticeship Program - Boston Square Community -Bikes, Grand Rapids
- Bike Smart, Bike Safe. - Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle -Coalition, Grand Rapids
- Maintenance & Repair Course Scholarship Fund - Lansing Bike Co-op, Lansing
- Estrellas Balance Bike Program - Norte!, Traverse City
- Summer Cycling Program - PEAC, Yspilanti
- 8th Street Pop-Up Bike Lanes - Pedal Holland, Holland
- Recycle-A- Bicycle Program - TART Trails, Inc, Traverse City
- Public Bicycle Repair Stations & Pumps for Hamtramck - Tour de Troit, Detroit
- East Side Bike Drive - Advancing Macomb, Mt. Clemens
The Micro-Grant program was launched to provide financial assistance to individuals and organizations who implement creative projects and promote bicycling safety on Michigan roadways. This year's Micro-Grant recipients received their grant during a ceremony at Lucinda Means Bicycle Advocacy Day on May 24, 2017, at the State Capitol in Lansing.
Congratulations to all the Micro-Grant recipients! We truly wish all those who applied the best with their projects!