Until 30 days prior to the tour start date, refunds will be issued minus a 30% handling fee. For requests within 30 days of the tour start date, refunds will be issued minus a 50% handling fee. We do not offer exceptions for medical or other emergencies.
No refunds will be given for the following reasons:
- Participant arrived late to the tour
- Participant was asked to leave the tour for safety or behavioral reasons
- Participant paid for food, lodging, or side trips which they did not use
LMB memberships purchased with tour registrations are not refundable.
LMB reserves the right to cancel tours due to low enrollment or other reasons, in which case the participant's tour fees will be refunded in full.
Riders may choose to receive a credit for the full amount minus a 10% handling fee, to be used on another open LMB tour in the current or following tour season. Riders will be required to pay any difference in fees from tour to tour or year to year. After one year, this credit will expire. Credits are non-refundable.
Riders who find themselves unable to participate in the tour may transfer their spot to another rider. Until 14 days prior to the start of the tour, LMB will permit transfers for any reason.
If any side trip, transportation, or upgrade options are desired by the new rider that were not included in the original riders' details, the substitute rider must call the LMB office at (517) 334-9100 in order to purchase these additional options.
In the case of transfers within 30 days of the tour, LMB cannot guarantee the correct t-shirt size for the substitute rider.
LMB sincerely wishes for every trip participant to attend and complete the tour of their choice. In an effort to plan for unexpected personal emergencies, health issues, weather and transportation problems that might cause you to cancel or shorten your trip, travel insurance is strongly advised.
Riders may be asked to leave the tour for any of the following reasons:
- Repeated violation of the tour rules, including not wearing a helmet whenever riding
- Failure to obey Michigan traffic laws or other local, state or federal laws
- Inability to make the daily mileage
- Unwanted harassment of other participants and staff
- Failure to obey directions of ride staff or for any conduct that is deemed to be detrimental to the League of Michigan Bicyclists
Riders asked to leave the tour will not receive any type of monetary refund